Spicy and aphrodisiac recipes for a wild Valentine's Day
February 14th is fast approaching and this year you want to introduce your loved one to new flavors? What better way to do this than with aphrodisiac spices? Throughout history, certain foods have been suggested to have aphrodisiac effects. These include cinnamon, cloves, ginger and even vanilla.
For the greatest pleasure of all epicureans, Sambavanilla proposes you to discover several natural aphrodisiacs that will help you to prepare your wild Valentine's Day meal.
Why choose aphrodisiac spices for Valentine's Day?
Food can be a multi-sensory experience. The visual appeal, aroma and texture of food influence the pleasure we get from eating. Food is also a vehicle for love and pleasure. When you cook a meal for someone you love, you are probably putting tenderness and care into it to please them by providing a pleasurable taste experience.
There are many ways to celebrate Valentine's Day. You can buy red roses, invite your other half to a fancy dinner, or you can splurge on aphrodisiac spices. Spices are known for their ability to change the taste and smell of food, so why not use this knowledge to spice up your love life?
Aphrodisiacs have been used for centuries. Over time, people have come to believe that these spices play a role in desire and blood circulation. In the Middle Ages, during the Black Death, couples used to eat aphrodisiac foods on Valentine's Day in the belief that indulging in these foods would help them stay alive and have healthy children. Today, this tradition has been transformed into a more symbolic gesture. Those who choose it do so for more romantic reasons.
Which aphrodisiac spices to choose?
Aphrodisiac spices are extremely stimulating and their aromas stimulate the appetite. To make spicy dishes with aphrodisiac powers, at Sambavanilla we suggest you try these foods :
Like chocolate, vanilla is said to have an aphrodisiac effect. In Latin America, love potions are made from vanilla. Whether you choose vanilla beans, vanilla powder or vanilla extract, you can benefit from all its virtues. When you can combine pleasure and well-being, why deprive yourself ? What's more, you can use vanilla in various sweet and savory recipes.
Cinnamon is an aphrodisiac because it contains high levels of manganese and calcium, which are known to warm the body. Its warming properties are often associated with increased libido and are powerful stimulants for the brain.
Ginger is known for its medicinal properties and is used in many culinary dishes. It is an excellent aphrodisiac plant, as it acts as a vasodilator. When consumed, ginger causes the blood vessels to dilate, thus increasing blood flow throughout the body. This effect can be useful for a romantic evening. Recipes with aphrodisiac ginger will add a whole new dimension to your dishes. Moreover, infused in rum, ginger becomes an even more powerful aphrodisiac.
Discover natural aphrodisiac recipes
- 2 cups of plant-based drink of your choice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons raw or roasted cocoa powder
- 1-2 tablespoons maca
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger + 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder (aromatic and tonic)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract (optional if the first milk was vanilla).
- Heat the milk, maple syrup and cocoa in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the maca powder and spices and stir with a whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Simmer for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the milk from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove from the heat when it starts to smoke, strain and serve in 2 cups.
- Enjoy with your partner!
- 4 apples
- 1 pork roast
- 1 shallot
- 1 handful of sultanas
- 2 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 210°C.
- Place the roast in an oven dish and brush it with honey.
- Season with salt, pepper and salt. Rinse and quarter the apples and arrange them around the roast, reserving some for the syrup later.
- Peel the shallot and cut into small cubes. Spread it over the roast. Sprinkle with raisins, cinnamon and 15 cl of water.
- Place in the oven for 1 hour 15 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Serve immediately with the apple and herb sauce.
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 12 cl of dark rum
- 8 cloves
- 75 cl water
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 8 cl orange liqueur
- 2 lemons
- Make a hot toddy by mixing the juice of two lemons, two tablespoons of honey, a shot of rum and a shot of orange liqueur.
- Add four whole cloves to each glass, pour boiling water over them and stir.
- Divide between four glasses and place a cinnamon stick in each glass before serving.
- Add a dab of butter just before drinking.
Spice up your Valentine's Day with Sambavanilla !
As you will have understood, this year, for Valentine's Day, give way to aphrodisiac active ingredients. Discover their virtues thanks to simple and effective recipes and enjoy a beautiful moment with the one you love.
Order your spices from our online grocery shop and feel free to browse our website for more mouth-watering recipes.