Discover the perfect matches: Pairing vanilla with other flavours
Sambavanilla, your destination of choice for premium vanillas from Madagascar, invites you on an unforgettable sensory journey to the heart of gastronomy. For decades, Madagascar vanilla has been recognised as one of the most exquisite in the world, adding a touch of delicacy to the most demanding recipes.
In the world of cooking and patisserie, vanilla is a precious spice, an ingredient that transcends cultural and geographical boundaries. It embodies the quintessence of sweetness, adding unrivalled depth to culinary creations.
In this captivating article, we delve into the art of marrying vanilla with other flavours, exploring the perfect combinations that emerge when these aromas come together.
Get ready to discover a world of enchanting flavours and awaken your culinary creativity with Sambavanilla.
Madagascar vanilla : A gastronomic treasure
Madagascar Bourbon vanilla, a culinary jewel par excellence, is a gastronomic treasure that captivates palates the world over. Its distinctive characteristics make it an essential spice for chefs and food lovers alike.
Grown in the lush tropical regions of Madagascar, vanilla is distinguished by its long, fleshy pods, bursting with incomparable flavour and fragrance. The reputation of Madagascan vanilla transcends borders, as it is considered to be the best in the world.
Its aromatic profile is a symphony of sweet, floral and woody notes, with subtle hints of caramel and chocolate. These rich, complex aromas make Madagascar vanilla a versatile ingredient, capable of enriching a variety of dishes and desserts.
It is the muse of pastry chefs and Michelin-starred chefs, adding a touch of elegance to every culinary creation. Madagascar vanilla embodies gastronomic excellence and the very essence of indulgence.
Marrying vanilla: The art of pairing
Vanilla is a precious spice that, when skilfully combined, can transform any culinary creation into an unforgettable sensory experience. Dive into the art of vanilla pairing with us, exploring both the essential basics and daring combinations to create original flavours.
The basics of pairing with vanilla
To achieve a harmonious marriage with vanilla, it's essential to understand the basic principles. First of all, choose quality ingredients that will enhance the sweetness and complexity of vanilla. Fruit, such as strawberries or citrus fruits, go deliciously well with vanilla, as do nuts such as almonds. Dairy products, such as cream and yoghurt, create a creamy backdrop for the vanilla flavours. Finally, don't underestimate the power of vanilla in chocolate desserts, where it can subtly enhance the flavour of cocoa.
Classic combinations include vanilla crème brûlée, strawberries with vanilla chantilly and, of course, vanilla ice cream. Vanilla can also be used in savoury dishes, as a marinade for meats or a sauce for seafood, adding a touch of sophistication to your meals.
Unexpected combinations: Creating original flavours
For culinary adventurers, there's a world of unexpected combinations to explore. Imagine dishes such as vanilla risotto with grilled asparagus, where the sweetness of the vanilla contrasts magnificently with the earthy flavour of the vegetables. Or try a vanilla sauce with a fish dish, creating a symphony of sweet and savoury flavours.
For desserts, vanilla can be combined with herbs such as lavender or thyme to create unique flavours. Try a vanilla and rosemary panna cotta for an original flavour combination with vanilla and an unforgettable taste experience.
Marrying vanilla with other flavours is an exquisite art, creating dishes and desserts that delight the senses. Whether you opt for classic combinations or daring experiments, Sambavanilla's Madagascar vanilla will be your ally in taking your culinary creations to a new level of delicacy and originality.
Gourmet recipes: Putting flavour combinations into practice
Now that we've explored the art of marrying vanilla with other flavours, it's time to get practical and discover some delicious recipes that highlight these exquisite combinations. Get ready to treat your taste buds and impress your guests with these gourmet creations.
Vanilla and Strawberry Crème Brûlée
- 4 egg yolks
- 100 g sugar
- 1 Sambavanilla Madagascar vanilla pod
- 500 ml single cream
- Fresh strawberries
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C.
2. Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until creamy.
3. Split the vanilla pod in half, scrape out the seeds and add to the cream.
4. Pour the cream over the egg yolk-sugar mixture, stirring well.
5. Divide the mixture between ramekins and bake in a bain-marie for around 45 minutes.
6. Leave to cool, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
7. Just before serving, sprinkle with sugar and caramelise using a blowtorch.
8. serve with fresh strawberries for a fruity touch.
Chocolate and Vanilla Cake
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 100 g butter
- 3 eggs
- 100g sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sambavanilla Madagascar vanilla extract
- 100g flour
1. Melt the chocolate and butter in a bain-marie.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until the mixture whitens.
3. Stir in the vanilla extract.
4. Add the melted chocolate to the egg-sugar mixture, then the flour.
5. Pour the batter into a buttered and floured tin.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for around 25 minutes.
7. Leave to cool before unmoulding.
Vanilla Risotto with Grilled Asparagus
- 300 g Arborio rice
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 litre hot vegetable stock
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon Sambavanilla Madagascar vanilla extract
- 250 g green asparagus, chopped and grilled
- 50 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- A few sprigs of chives for garnish
1. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the shallot and garlic and sauté until translucent.
2. Add the Arborio rice and fry for a few minutes until pearly.
3. Pour in the white wine and stir until it has almost evaporated.
4. Stir the Sambavanilla vanilla extract into the hot vegetable stock.
5. Start adding the hot stock, one ladle at a time, stirring constantly. Wait until the liquid is almost absorbed before adding the next ladle.
6. Continue this process until the rice is creamy and slightly al dente.
7. Add the grilled asparagus and mix gently.
8. Stir in the grated Parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
9. Garnish with fresh chives and serve hot.
This risotto with vanilla and grilled asparagus is a perfect example of the culinary daring that can be achieved by combining vanilla with other flavours. Sambavanilla's Madagascar vanilla extract brings an unexpected sweet and floral note to this savoury dish, creating a unique and memorable taste experience.
We encourage you to try these recipes at home to discover for yourself the magic of combining flavours with vanilla. Sambavanilla offers you the finest Madagascar vanilla to enhance your culinary creations. Feel free to personalise these recipes according to your preferences and give free rein to your gastronomic creativity. Enjoy your meal !
Order your Bourbon vanilla from our online shop
To enhance your culinary creations and explore the infinite world of vanilla, look no further than Sambavanilla, your source for premium vanillas from Madagascar.
We've discovered the art of marrying vanilla with other flavours, creating unforgettable taste experiences. To put these delicious combinations into practice, visit our online shop. You'll find Madagascar vanilla, an exceptional spice, carefully selected for its quality and aromatic richness.
Don't hesitate to contact us, browse our selection and be inspired to take your dishes and desserts to a whole new level of deliciousness. Discover the perfect vanilla at Sambavanilla and turn your culinary creations into true masterpieces.