A gentle transition to autumn with comforting recipes
Summer has gone and the cold will begin to set in with the passage of autumn. It is therefore high time to have fun with small recipes that are easy to prepare, but above all comforting.
What could be better than small dishes based on the delicious flavor of vanilla?
To help you face the fall, here is something to comfort you:
1. Caramel vanilla cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 50 cl whole milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 110g Sugar
1. Pour the milk into a saucepan. Add the vanilla pod split in 2 and scrape and heat.
2. Meanwhile, pour 90 g of sugar into a saucepan and heat until you obtain a blond caramel. Divide it immediately into ramekins. Preheat the oven to 150°C (th.5). Whisk the egg and egg yolks with the rest of the powdered sugar then pour in the hot milk, stripped of the vanilla pod, whisking constantly.
3. Divide the cream into the caramelized ramekins then bake for 30 minutes in a bain-marie. Let cool then place in the fridge for at least 3 hours before serving.
2. Vanilla pancake
- ½ tsp salt
- 250g of flour
- 2 tbsp of powdered sugar + dusting of pancakes
- 2 vanilla pods
- 100 g of butter
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 L of milk
1. Pour the milk into a saucepan and add the butter. Split the vanilla pods in half lengthwise and scrape out the small black seeds inside.
2. Put everything in the saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and let steep for 15 minutes.
3. At the end of this time, remove the vanilla pods. In a bowl, mix the flour, salt and sugar. Dig a well and crack the eggs. Work little by little by diluting with the poured milk in a thin stream, until the dough is smooth and fluid (add a little water if the dough is too thick).
4. Leave to stand for 1 hour.
5. Cook pancakes as usual. Arrange them as you go in a pile on a serving platter, sweetening each crepe before covering it with the next.
6. Serve the pancakes warm or cold.
Source : https://madame.lefigaro.fr
3. Vanilla french toast
- 2 eggs
- Granulated sugar
- bread or baguette cut into slices of about 4 cm
- 125 g of butter
- 2 sachets of vanilla sugar
- ½ liter of milk
- 1 C. oil soup
1. Beat the eggs, adding the 2 sachets of vanilla sugar. Then gradually add the milk while stirring.
2. Heat the mixture in the microwave until it becomes lukewarm.
3. Dip the pieces of bread and take them out as you go, well soaked.
4. Heat the pan with the half oil and half butter mixture. Brown the bread and sweeten to your taste.
Source : https://www.cuisineaz.com/
To make all these recipes a success, do not hesitate to contact us for all your vanilla orders.