Everything you need to know about cinnamon
In powder, stick or even essential oils, cinnamon is certainly the most used spice in cooking.
Rich in flavor and scent, cinnamon comes from the cinnamon tree. The bark of the tree is cut into strips and rolled up on itself before being dried. There are 2 varieties of cinnamon, the one native to China, with a rustic and intense taste, and the one native to Madagascar, more delicate in taste with a woody scent (it is also called Ceylon cinnamon).
We invite you to discover this spice in our article this month.
The benefits of cinnamon
Did you know ? Cinnamon, rich in dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals, is a perfect antioxidant. It helps fight against diseases, linked to aging, and protects the cells of your body, but not only!
Here are the many benefits of this spice:
- - It stimulates the immune system
- - Prevents the risk of inflammation of the intestinal flora
- - Prevents the risk of degenerative diseases and stimulates cognitive functions (brain)
- - Fight against diabetes and cholesterol
- - Fight against stress
- - Slows down hair loss
- - Reduces the spread of cancer cells
- - Relieves headaches and migraine
- - Helps treat acne and enhance the skin
- - Fight against fatigue
- - Helps relieve oral problems and bad breath
- - Has an aphrodisiac effect
- - Stimulates the production of breast milk
- - Relieves muscle pain
- - Facilitates weight loss
You read the last point correctly! Cinnamon helps you lose weight and that's why we offer you a slimming herbal tea.
Slimming recipe with cinnamon
The virtues of cinnamon are numerous, but it is especially your slimming ally if you want to lose weight. Indeed, cinnamon is known to act as an appetite suppressant and is one of the most consumed spices during a diet.
In this section, we have decided to present a slimming drink made with cinnamon. It is recommended to consume it at least twice a day.
- ● 1 teaspoon of tea (green or black depending on your taste), or mate
- ● 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon or a stick
- ● 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1.Boil some water.
- 2. Put the cinnamon in boiling water for 2 or 3 minutes, then stop heating.
- 3. After a few minutes, add the tea and honey, let it steep for 3 or 4 minutes and strain the tea.
As a seller, we advise you to opt for Ceylon cinnamon sticks. It is more suitable for long term use and has more flavors.
Cinnamon is available in our online store
Spices contain all the “ingredients” needed to make your meals a success. They enhance the flavor of dishes, give them flavor and a special color. All imported spices are from artisanal cultivation and their flavor may vary from producer to producer.
We have selected for you some typical spices of Madagascar including cinnamon. Our Target? Supply only ingredients and quality products.
Each product will bring more intense aromas to your preparations, whether in infusion or in cooking. Explore our online store and don't hesitate to contact us for more information.